It’s been nearly 8 months since I dove into Spotify, and I’m pretty much obsessed. I thought I’d do a little recap since my initial report in August.
Upon making the jump, I’ve meticulously updated my Friday Mixtape playlist on a weekly basis with new music. I’ve been listening to each new album I come across 3 times apiece, starring the songs I like best, and then selecting my absolute favorite song from each album. I then add those favorites to the playlist each Friday.
Here are some nerd-stats since I began the process:
- I have added 598 songs to my weekly playlists; 1 song per album listened to.
- I’ve been averaging 15 - 20 new albums per week; 3 listens apiece.
- I’d estimate 30 hours of actual music-listening per week (accounting for shorter EPs and singles, in addition to full-length albums).
- Per Facebook, I’ve averaged 1180 songs per month.
- My weekly playlist is now up to 175 followers.
- I have starred 3527 songs overall in Spotify.
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my weekly playlist here. It’s best enjoyed on shuffle: @AlanWilkis Friday Mixtape (updated weekly)
And if you’d like to check out my archives from the past 2 quarters, check out:
If nothing else, I hope to at least point you to some sweet sweet jams.